| || |
Великобритания. Государственное устройство
США. Географическое положение
| || |
Проверочная работа по теме «Великобритания и Северная Ирландия»
Для выполнения проверочной работы необходимо овладеть следующими навыками и умениями:
–умение пользоваться географической картой страны
-употребление новой лексики по страноведению
– степени сравнения прилагательных
Перепишите и письменно переведите 2,3 и 5 абзацы текста .
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Irelands (The U.K.)
1. The British Isles lies off the northwest coast of the continent of Europe. They Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) Ireland (Northern Ireland and the independent Irish Republic) and some 5, 500 smaller islands. The bigger island is Great Britain. It is just under 600 miles in a straight line from the south coast to the extreme north, and rather over 300 miles across in the widest part. It is washed by the Atlantic Ocean on the northwest, north and southwest? And is separated from the European continent by the North Sea and the English Channel. On the west the Irish Sea separatists Great Britain from Ireland.
2. The island of Great Britain can be roughly divided into two main regions – Lowland. Britain and Highland Britain. England is separated from Scotland by the Cheviot Hills, running from east to west. Scotland has three natural topographic divisions: the Southern Uplands, the Central Lowlands, and the Northern Highlands which contain Ben Nevis, the highest point in the British Isles. Wales is generally mountainous; Northern Irelands contains many plateaus and hills.
3. Britain has a temperate climate due to 1 the influence of the Gulf-stream. The prevailing winds are south-westerly, although during the winter months easterly winds may blow and bring a cold, dry continental type of weather. The British Isles as a whole are not the best place to sunbathe. The sun is visible only about one third of all daylight hours. The remainder of the time it is hidden by clouds and mists.
4. English is the official and predominates language; Gaelic is spoken is parts of Scotland and Northern Ireland, while welsh is the first language is most of the western countries of Wales and at least formally enjoys equal status with English as the official language of the area. The is a growing movement in Wales and Scotland for a revival 2 of the culture and native languages.
5. The population of the United Kingdom is 56.2 mln people. The British populations is predominantly urban and suburban. About halt the people live in a belt 3 across England with southern Lancashire and western Yorkshire at one end and London at the other, having the industrialized Midlands at its center. Otber areas with large population are the Central Lowlands of Scotland, south-eastern Wales the Bristol area and much of the English Cannel coast. Four out of every five people live in towns. The density 4 of the population is 591 inhabitants per square mile.
6. Britain is one of the most highly industrialized countries in the world: for every person employed in agriculture, twelve are employed in industry. Most of national product comes from manufacturing (iron and steel, engineer, textiles, chemicals, food products and consumer goods 7 There are significant amounts of coal, small deposits of iron.
1. due to-благодаря
2. revival belt- возрождение
3. belt- полоса
4. density- плотность
5. consumer goods- потребительские товары
6. self-sufficient- экономически самостоятельный
1. Прочитайте текст и письменно ответьте на вопросы по-английски. Вопросы запишите и переведите на русский язык.
1) Where is the UK of Great Britain and Northern Ireland situated?
2) What is Great Britain’s topography like?
3) What is its climate like?
4) What languages does the British population speak?
5) Where does the majority of the British population live?
| || |
Общие сведения о РФ.
| || |
Прочитайте текст , переведите его и ответьте на вопросы
1). Russia is one of the largest countries in the world. 2). It occupies about one seventh part of dry land. 3). The vast territory of Russia lies in the Eastern part of Europe and in the northern part of Asia. 4). Its total area is over 17 million square kilometres.
5). Russia is washed by twelve seas and three oceans: the Atlantic, the Arctic, the Pacific. 6). The northern and eastern coasts of Russia are washed by the White Sea, the Barents Sea and the Okhotsk Sea.
7). The land of Russia varies a lot from heavy forests to barren deserts, from high peaked mountains to deep valleys. 8). Russia is located on two plains: the Great Russian Plain and the West Siberian Plain. 9). The Urals is the longest mountain chain. 10). It separates Europe from Asia.
11). There are various types of climate on the territory of Russia. 12). In the south the temperature is usually above zero all year round. 13). The climate of Siberia is continental: summers are hot and dry, winters are very cold.
14). Russia is a land of long rivers and deep lakes. 15). The Volga River is the longest river in Europe (3690 km). 16). It runs into the Caspian Sea. which is in reality, the largest lake in the world. 17). The Baikal is the deepest lake in the world.
18). Russia is rich in natural resources. 19). It has deposits of coal, oil, natural gas, iron ore, gold, nickel, etc.
20). Russia borders on fourteen countries, including the former Republics of the USSR, which are now independent states.
21). The population of Russia is about 150 million people.
22). Now Russia (the Russian Federative Republic) is a Presidential Republic. 23). Today the state symbol of Russia is a three coloured banner. 24). It has three horizontal stripes: white, blue and red. 25). The white stripe symbolizes the earth, the blue one stands for the sky, and the red one symbolizes liberty. 26). A new national emblem is a two-headed eagle. 27). It is the most ancient symbol of Russia.
28). Russia has always played an important role in the world. 29). It is one of the leading Powers.
1. Where were you born?
2. Where is Russia situated?
3. What kind of climate is there in the country?
4. Is Russia a very rich country? Give your reasons.
5. What countries does the Russian Federation border on?
6. What kind of state is Russia now?
Республика Коми-субъект РФ
Географическое положение Республики Коми.
Сыктывкар- столица РК
Дайте английский перевод:
Уральские горы тянутся с юга на север.
Сосновые леса и тайга покрывают большую часть Республики Коми.
Очень много больших промышленных предприятий на территории Республики.
Общая площадь Республики Коми – 416,8 тысяч квадратных километров
Дайте русский перевод:
The flag of Komi consists of three colours : blue, green, white.
The largest factory is the factory of Non -Woven materials .
There are 2 theatres in the capital Musical and Drama theatres.
The emblem of Komi is a woman’s face, a bird, elks heads.
Заполните пропуски подходящими по смыслу словами:
1.Komi covers the…part of Europe.
2. The climate is… cold with…summer.
3. The… trees are characteristic trees of the land.
4. The Republic of Komi is…into Russian Federation.
Закончите предложения используя предложенные варианты:
The main man in Republic is…
The head of Republic
Who was the founder of Drama theatre?
In what year was the opening of Syktyvkar State University?
The Manpupuner rock formations is a set of…
5 gigantic share stone pillars
6 gigantic share stone pillars
7 gigantic share stone pillar
Ответьте на вопросы:
1.At what river is located Syktyvkar?
2. What climate is in Komi Republic?
3. Name please the places of interest in the capital of Komi?
4.What famous people did live and work in Komi Republic
Кухня народов мира
| || |
Особенности европейской кухни
Национальная еда азиатских стран
| || |
Выполните задания по теме «Кухня Британии»
There is no cuisine in the world about which there are as many jokes as there are about British cooking. Particularly the French are great in making jokes about British cuisine. For example, according to one French comic, hell is a place where the cooks are British.
Or do you know why the British serve mint sauce with lamb? According to French food critics, mint must be the only plant not eaten by sheep.
Of course, these all are exaggerations. The British bear them with their superior sense of humour.
British cuisine cannot present so many internationally renowned dishes as French cuisine does. But British cuisine has contributed a lot to the world's steak culture, and there are a number of inventions in British cuisine which are even adopted by the French — as for example the creation of sandwiches.
As for steaks, that has in the past been so British that British elite troops were called Beefeaters. And the term porterhouse for a special large kind of steak cuts has nothing to do with porters or luggage carriers but originates from British pubs where a special brand of dark beer,
Porterbeer, was served, and where a snack consisted of a steak some 900 grams by weight — a single portion for a single man.
It's a character trait of the British not to be proud of their cuisine too much. In case of their foods and drinks, the British learnt a lot from the colonies conquered by the beefeaters all around the world. From East Asia (China) they adopted tea (and reexported the habit to India), and from India they adopted curry-style spicing.
However, they didn't just copy these food and drink habits but combined them with their own foodstuffs: tea with milk and curry with pastry (to make curried pies).
Ответьте письменно на вопросы:
1. What did one French comic say about British cuisine?
2. Why do you think the British serve mint sauce with lamb?
3. There are a lot of jokes about British cuisine. How do they bear them?
4. Do you know inventions of British cuisine?
5. British cuisine has contributed a lot to the world steak culture, hasn't it?
6. Can you translate the word beefeater?.
7. Are the British proud of their cuisine?
8. What did the British adopt from East Asia (China)?
9. Where did the British adopt curry-style spicing from?
10. The British didn't just copy food and drink habits from other countries, did they?
Заполните пропуски словами (используйте каждое слово один раз):
cook, of, and, also, drink, is, made, place, the, eat, are, wins, soup
Ireland___(1) on the edge of Europe, with the Atlantic Ocean to its west. In the southwest___(2) the island, the climate is influenced by the Gulf Stream.
Dublin is the home of Guinness and a very cool __ (3) for a short break.
It has one of __ (4) youngest population in Europe and one that is well-travelled so the culinary influences __ (5) international. You can __ (6) excellent cheese, Japanese and Mediterranean cuisines.
There are plenty of oysters, lobsters __ (7) scallops from the West Coast, world-class beef and some of the sweetest lamb you've ever eaten.
Irish farmhouse cheese regularly __ (8) awards internationally.
Bread is tasty. Soda bread (flour, salt, bread soda and buttermilk) is __ (9) daily in many households. Wheaten bread — another name for brown soda bread — is __ (10) favourite.
The Irish people make __ (11) with garden vegetables or wild foods. They also like to __ (12). Irish stew (based on neck of lamb) or a beef casserole, a hearty main course, served with potatoes. There are hundreds of places to eat and to __ (13) i a bottle of excellent wine and a cup of good coffee in the city of Dublin.
3. Дайте определение следующим продуктам:
1. Two slices of bread with food between them.
2. It is a drink. It is made by pouring boiling water onto the dried leaves of a plant with the same name.
3. It is a small plant. It has a short thick stem with a round top. It looks like a tiny umbrella.
4. It is a sea creature that has a hard shell, two large claws and eight legs.
5. It is a food that is made by cooking fruit with a lot of sugar.
6. It is a food made from milk. It can be hard or soft. Some sorts of it have a strong flavour.
7. When you do it, you put food in your mouth, chew it and swallow it.